10.04.2016

Make and Amazing Low Tech No Tech Makerspace




I am so grateful to have been given the opportunity to do a guest blog for Demco's Ideas and Inspiration blog. It's an absolute wonderful resource and there is an abundance of information about makerspaces and space design on this blog.

Most of you know that I am incredibly passionate about low-tech makerspaces and I am so happy to be able to share my passion in this post. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!


Unless you live under a rock or are completely off the grid when it comes to technology, you’re probably aware of the maker movement. However, if you need a refresher, I made an infographic. The maker movement is such an exciting time for students and teachers alike! Yet, while a part of you is excited, the other part of you is flooded with the reasons why you just can’t start a makerspace right now.
  • “I have no money.”
  • “I’m just not super comfortable with technology.”
  • “We don’t have devices at my school.”
  • “I don’t have the space.”
  • “I don’t have the schedule that allows me to teach the kids how to do the stuff.”


READ THE REST OF THE BLOG HERE