5.13.2016

Stop Thinking About Starting a Makerspace





 I am so fortunate to have been given the opportunity to do a guest blog post for Common Sense Media's Graphite blog on makerspaces.


That's awesome for two reasons.


1 - I love Graphite! Graphite is a tool that has an abundance of reviews and ratings for websites and apps. If you're looking for a tool to accomplish a task, there are hundreds of collections published on every topic imaginable.


2 - I love Common Sense Media. As a middle school librarian I'm always looking for in-plain-English reviews of books. Particularly books with "questionable" topics. Common Sense Media reviews are done by both parents and students that have READ the book and provide specific examples. (I'll post more about that soon)



I was allowed to write about anything connected to #makerspaces. This was difficult for me. How do I narrow that down? So I decided to shake things up a little bit.


I wrote a post on why you should STOP thinking about starting a makerspace.




Read all about it here.