3.03.2014

Taking a Dive

The greatest inventions solutions to common problems.

I had a problem (and many of my colleagues did as well). I wanted to create a solution. I started looking into starting my own software. I was overwhelmed. 

Then I stumbled upon Startup Weekend

And I saw one was coming to a town near me. I really didn't know what to expect, so I expected nothing. If anything, I thought it would be an opportunity to meet people that actually know something about running a business.

So I arrived Friday night, poured my heart into a 60-second pitch.


Fast forward 54 hours...

And you have TrackMyLessons. A company. A legit product. Operational, albeit barely, but enough to be considered an MVP. 

And now a new journey begins. I can call myself a teacherpreneur. I'm so excited to see where this will go.

If you have an idea, but don't know what to do with it - tell someone. Go to a Startup Weekend. Following founders on Twitter - they're an amazing resource.